- Express your truth and hear the truth of others while deepening connection and understanding
- Live in a way that fosters greater possibility that everyone’s needs can be met
Compassionate Communication, also known as Nonviolent Communication or NVC, is consciousness, a language and a process developed by a man named Marshall Rosenberg and is based on connecting with feelings and the human needs behind our feelings that are directing our behavior. It is a means through which to cultivate mutually respectful relationships with others, and powerful means to cultivate these kinds of relationships between adults and children.
This process is based on the fundamental principle that we all share the same basic needs as human beings and underlying all human actions are needs that people are seeking to meet. The cause of our feelings comes from whether or not these needs are fulfilled in any given moment. Our feelings may be triggered by other people, but others are never the cause of our feelings. Conflicts arise because we are attached to a particular strategy we think will meet our needs rather than being truly connected to the need and the many ways it might be met. Connecting to our feelings and understanding and acknowledging the needs behind them create a shared basis for connection, cooperation and peace and a greater likelihood that our needs can actually be met.
Services Specifically working with Compassionate Communication:
- Struggling with a particular situation or conflict?
- Seeking to improve your communication skills and ability to connect and be heard?
- Desiring to be heard by another person?
- Wanting some outside support for any of your relationships?
- Seeking support in finding strategies and solutions that can work for everyone?
Mediation sessions using Compassionate Communication (NVC) and where appropriate Transformational Kinesiology, help each person connect with their true feelings and needs and hear the feelings and needs of the other person, allowing for greater space to discover strategies that can meet everyone’s needs. This work can be done with yourself and a facilitator, with another person or with a group of people. It can be helpful with communication between friends, colleagues, couples, parents and children, any family members, or with anyone else with whom you’d like to improve your, connection, relationship or communication.
Phone/ Skype Sessions may be available depending on the type of support desired.
- Is something on your mind?
- Do you want to be heard, really heard?
- Are you struggling with a particular conflict or situation in your life?
- Something bothering you?
- Feeling Stressed?
- Have an important decision to make and not sure how to decide?
Get Empathy! Get heard!
NOW AVAILABLE BY PHONE or SKYPE as well as in-person
Empathy is a process of deep listening, where the facilitator helps connect you more deeply with what you’re feeling and the needs you have that may be contributing to those feelings. Once you can deeply connect to your feelings and needs in any given situation, it becomes much easier to find strategies that will truly meet your needs. Sometimes all you need is someone to really listen…
(follow the link)
Classes, Workshops and Groups integrating Nonviolent Communication: